Thomas A. Walcott
480- 756-1500 Phone
Mr. Walcott is licensed to practice in all Arizona Courts and the Federal District Court. Following a tour in the United States Marine Corps, Mr. Walcott obtained his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Arizona with a focus on business administration and finance. He continued his education at the University of Arizona and went on to achieve his Juris Doctorate degree in 1997. Mr. Walcott is married with three children.
Tom is an experienced civil litigator with a diverse practice. From 2001 through 2007, he was a partner with a large insurance defense litigation firm located in Phoenix. Mr. Walcott’s representation of his clients included both plaintiff and defense sides of the bar. The majority of his clients were developers, general contractors, homebuilders, subcontractors, and design professionals.
In 2004, Tom and his senior partner, as lead counsel, co-chaired the first two-class action construction defect lawsuits to go to trial and verdict in Arizona. He has handled cases on behalf of his clients in all courts, from municipal court through and including the Courts of Appeal and Federal District Court. Tom left his prior firm to pursue practice with a more diversified clientele and to provide his clients with better and more personalized service. His practice areas include:
- Insurance defense litigation
- Plaintiff Personal Injury cases
- Family law, including divorce and separation, child support and custody
- Construction litigation (construction defect and design defect, alternative dispute resolution)
- Construction/Building issues (contract drafting and review, course-of-construction issues,
indemnity and risk allocation/risk management, post-construction issues)
- Business formation (focus on LLCs, including organization and operating agreements)
- General litigation, including personal injury and real property litigation
- Business counsel, consultation and advice, including exit strategies, buy-sell agreements and
- Simple Wills and Trusts